The world of advertising and marketing is rapidly evolving, and with it, the demand for skilled adtech professionals is on the rise. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, there are certain technical skills that hiring managers in adtech are looking for. Here are the top 10 technical skills that can make you stand out in the adtech industry.
- Proficiency in data analytics – Data analytics is an essential skill for adtech professionals. Hiring managers are looking for candidates who can interpret complex data sets, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions. Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI can also be an advantage.
- Experience with programmatic – advertising Programmatic advertising is the use of automated technology to buy and sell ad inventory in real-time. It’s a complex field that requires knowledge of ad exchanges, demand-side platforms (DSPs), supply-side platforms (SSPs), and real-time bidding (RTB). Candidates with experience in programmatic advertising will have an edge in the job market.
- Understanding of ad fraud prevention – Ad fraud is a major concern in the adtech industry, and hiring managers are looking for candidates who can help prevent it. Knowledge of ad fraud prevention tools and techniques like bot detection, viewability measurement, and ad verification can be a valuable skillset.
- Familiarity with ad servers – Ad servers are the platforms that deliver and track online ads. Candidates with experience in ad server technology, such as Google Ad Manager or DoubleClick, will be in demand in the adtech industry.
- Knowledge of mobile advertising – With the rise of mobile devices, mobile advertising has become a crucial component of adtech. Hiring managers are looking for candidates with experience in mobile advertising platforms, such as Google AdMob or Facebook Audience Network.
- Understanding of ad targeting – Ad targeting is the process of reaching the right audience with the right message. Candidates with knowledge of audience segmentation, behavioral targeting, and contextual targeting will be in demand in the adtech industry.
- Experience with social media advertising – Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are powerful advertising tools. Candidates with experience in social media advertising, including knowledge of targeting options and ad formats, will have an advantage in the job market.
- Proficiency in data privacy regulations – Data privacy is a major concern in the adtech industry, and hiring managers are looking for candidates who are familiar with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA. Knowledge of best practices for data management and storage can also be an advantage.
- Understanding of emerging adtech trends – The adtech industry is constantly evolving, and hiring managers are looking for candidates who are up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies. Knowledge of emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and augmented reality can be a valuable skillset.
In conclusion, the adtech industry is a rapidly evolving field that demands a range of technical skills. Candidates who possess a combination of the above skills will be in high demand by hiring managers in the industry. It’s important for job seekers to stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies and to continuously improve their technical skillset in order to stand out in the competitive adtech job market. By honing your technical skills and staying on top of emerging trends, you can position yourself as a valuable asset to any adtech team.